Thursday, June 30, 2011

Some more baby food!

I am still making all of Isabella's meals to take to school or eat when we go out or visit relatives. I did stop pureeing her lunch/dinners but still do with her breakfast for now until I fins some other thing she's interested in. I do give her scrambled eggs and bread with cream cheese and fruit weekends, but so far for school the pureed fruit and cereal seems to work great!
I add orzo or pasta starts now to add texture to her meals. This week she also had some mashed potato/brocolli/carrot/cheese mixture that was a little ticker. She eats dinner with us when it's something suitable for baby!
Here are some pictures!
Mini-Minestrone I fixed last night!
Nectarine/Blueberries for breakfast...
Snack Blueberries/Watermelon cut up..
Pasta Sauce Before:
Pasta Sauce After:
Another Pasta Sauce:
Regular meatsauce that we ate, but to make things easier I used pasta stars instead of spaghetti..
Orzo/Brocolli/Leeks/Zucchini/Edam (SEE RECIPE BELOW FOR PASTA RISOTTO/ORZO)
Another Pasta Sauce:
Chicken/Apple/Orzo/Leeks:
This was also a hit! Chicken/Brocolli/Edam Cheese Sauce and I think one more item I am forgetting!

The recipe for the latter:
1/4 lb chicken breast chopped and cooked... I used one or two chicken breasts..
1 cup brocolli cut small.. steam brocolli...(I steamed in Brezza and did some more Brocoli than specified)
Cheese sauce.. EDAM-1/2 cup shredded edam... 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp flour I used all organic ingredients except the EDAM..
Put butter in sauce pan.. 1 min.. then put the flour 2 min.. mix... slowly poor 1- 1/4 cup milk (whole milk)... whisk.. the sauce will get thick... until it boils... Then take from heat then mix in shredded cheese.. chop chicken small a size you are comfy for your baby to eat... and the brocolli also.. mix well and that's it...
I also made about 2-3 tbsp of Pasta Stars that I bought at Whole Foods, and mixed it in to give it more substance! Was an instant hit!

Sample dinner plate when she eats our foods:
Fruit and Veggie Mix...

Finished product ready for school!

Isabella also likes fresh honeydew and cantaloupe...

Now with mom here she's been getting fresh fruit purees every morning.. mango/strawberry/banana- cantaloupe/strawberry- and misc mixed berries!

Pasta Risotto (Orzo)
1/2 cup orzo or small pasta shapes
1 medium carrot peeled and diced small
1 medium zucchini diced small
3/4 cup chopped brocolli florets tiny cut as you want your baby to eat it
1 tbsp unsalted butter (I used organic or OO)
1/2 cup grated Cheddar I used EDAM it's creamier.. or a mix of Edam and Cheddar..
I have added FINELY chopped Leeks in here also.. but FINE

Put the orzo in sauce pan with carrot and cover with boiling water cook for 5 min
(watch it so it does not burn)
Add zucchini and brocolli and cook for 7 more min.
Melt the butter in another saucepan, stir in the drained orzo and veggies and toss with cheese and butter until cheese has fully melted. You can eye ball the cheese amount...

No comments:

Post a Comment